Tuesday 10 April 2012

Day 101 too true

I saw this today posted by a friend and thought this is just too true. I felt I had to have this as my pic of the day. After all we all are undoubtedly struggling in some form or another. Money is tight for the large share of us and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier. Rent is either going up, taxes increasing, petrol costs not rising but soaring. I obviously speak from experience, being working class with a family to feed I don't envisage the time being too far away when I sleep in my car at work to reduce my costs. I mean think about it, how often are you hearing of a rise in costs for basic everyday living things, yet also hear that people aren't getting payrises? How does that work? Increase cost of living but don't increase what you get paid!

But if the politicians had to live like us for not just 1 week, but for 1 month I bet things would change quick as they struggle.

1 comment:

  1. its the long term impact of a low wage thats the issue. School clothes, replacing kids shoes, running repairs to the car, replacing broken down electrical goods......struggling day to day is about tolerable...its struggling year to year that causes the huge knock on problems.
    I would willingly swap incomes with the PM for his next term of office....but would he me??

    ReplyDelete