Sunday 12 August 2012

A musical journey July

For this months musical post I've decided to write about my favourite parody songs. Why did thus come about, purely because I was bored one day and started looking at old and new parody songs on YouTube, so here goes....

1) Cookie Monster
I have to admit the original song with Carly Rae Jepson is something if a guilty pleasure song for me, I don't know why but I like it. But if you were to say to me which version do you prefer the original or the cookie monster version then the cookie monster wins it hands down. I've seen a lot of spoof versions of this song, a star wars one, a barrack Obama one, which was a very good one but come on who can deny that the cookie monster is a genius....

2) Star Trekkin'
I always remember this song playing on those 90's holidays with my family. I would've been about 8/9 years old and we use to always go to Great Yarmouth Heaven caravan park. I use to go to the Tiger club which was where all the kids would go. This was on their standard playlist each song cheesier than the last with a dance to do go with it, I still enjoyed it every year though....

3) The Muppets
I like the muppets, they make me laugh with their slapstick humor. This song is one of my all time favourites (the original I mean) so when these 2 collide the muppets and queen what's not to love? Exactly Animal singing mama pure genius....

4) SNL with Michael Bolton
Saturday Night Live, an institution in America. Over the years they churned out so many funny sketches and gave us great comedians. Recently they've gave us great comedy songs and of them a this is my favourite, Michael Bolton singing about giant squids and pretending to be Al Pacino I'd love to know how this song got wrote....


No comments:

Post a Comment